|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Anthaxia (Cylindrophora) willineri Cobos, 1972: 224. Type locality: Argentina, Valle Fértil, Prov. San Juan.
- Anthaxia (Bilyaxia) willineri: Bílý 1997: 39, 128 (catalogue); Bellamy 2008: 1497 (catalogue).
Type specimen studied
Holotype by monotypy (♀, MNCN): “[Argentina]Valle Fértil, San Juan, Rvdo. P. G. Williner coll., 5-6.xi.1970[p]”.
Further specimen studied
“Brasil, Catamarca, 6 km N Belém, 1240 m[h]” (1♂, NMPC).
The species was formally attributed tothe genus Bilyaxia by Bílý (2004). Already in the original description (Cobos, 1972) noted that this species is an extraordinary and isolated element of the Neotropical Anthaxiini being very similar to the European species of the Anthaxia (Anthaxia) funerula Illiger, 1803 species-group. After having studied the holotype and further, male specimen of this species from NMPC I found that Anthaxia (Bilyaxia) willineri ought to be removed from Bilyaxia, and a new genus should be proposed for this species.
I failed to find any difference between the sexes and also no significant variability since only two specimens were available for study.
Length: 4.2–4.4 mm; width: 1.4–1.5 mm.
Argentina (Prov. San Juan); Brasil (Prov.Catamarca), new country record.
- Bílý, S; 2013: A study on the Neotropical Anthaxiini (Coleoptera, Buprestidae, Buprestinae) ZooKeys, 304: 17-47. doi
- Bílý S (1997) World catalogue of the genus Anthaxia Eschscholtz, 1829 (Coleopreta, Buprestidae). Folia Heyrovskyana, Supplementum 2: 3-190.
- Bellamy C (2008) A world catalogue and bibliography of the jewel beetles (Coleoptera: Buprestoidea). Volume 3. Buprestinae: Pterobothrini through Agrilinae: Rhaeboscelina. Pensoft series faunistica No. 78, Sofia – Moscow, pp. (1–2) + 1261–1932.
- Bílý S (2004) Taxonomic studies on Anthaxiina Gory & Laporte de Castelnau and Curina Hołyński (Coleoptera: Buprestidae). Zootaxa 555: 1-11.
- Cobos A (1972) Ensayo monográfico sobre las Anthaxia Eschs. (Coleoptera, Buprestidae) de América. Tercera parte: Subgénero Agrilaxia Kerremans. Archivos de Instituto de Aclimatación (Almería) 16: 5-235.