Charlesina mrazi mrazi
|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Agrilaxia mrazi Obenberger, 1932: 144. Type locality: Brasil.
- Agrilaxia mrazi: Blackwelder, 1944: 314 (checklist).
- Anthaxia (Agrilaxia) mrazi Cobos, 1972: 203 (revision, key).
- Anthaxia (Cylindrophora) mrazi: Bílý, 1997: 29, 94 (catalogue).
- Cylindrophora mrazi: Bellamy, 2008: 1298 (catalogue).
Type specimen studied
Syntype (♂, NMPC): “Brazil, Rio, Itatiaya[h]//Typus[p]//Mus. Nat. Pragae Inv. 22638[p]// Agrilaxia mrazi m. Type, Det. Dr. Obenberger[h+p]”; since the number of syntypes is unknown and to avoid any confussion in the future I designate hereby this specimen as the lectotype.
Further specimen studied
Anthaxia (Agrilaxia) mrazi ssp. cyaneobscura Cobos, 1972: holotype by monotypy (♂, MNCN): “Vila Oliva, Rio Grande do Sul, P. Buck[p]// Anthaxia (Agrilaxia) mrazi cyaneobscura ssp. n.[h] Dr. A. Cobod det.[p] ”.
Aedeagus (Figs 130, 131 in Cobos 1972) spindle-shaped, setiferous portion of parameres very short, both parameres and median lobe sharply pointed apically.
Length: 5.8 mm; width: 1.7 mm.
Brasil (Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul).
The locality data given in the description (Obenberger, 1932) slightly differ from those on the syntype (see above); although the number of syntypes is unknown, there is no doubt that the species was described from this specimen which is hereby designated as the lectotype (see above).
Cobos (1972), although treated this species in the genus Anthaxia subgen. Agrilaxia, noticed that this species should be probably treated in the genus Cylindrophora. This opinion was accepted by Bílý (1997) and Bellamy (2008). After the re-definition of the monotypic genus Cylindrophora (Cylindrophora maulica) Molina, 1782)) and its transfer to the subtribe Curidina (Bílý, 2004), Agrilaxia mrazi (together with several other species of the former Cylindrophora) was formally attributed to the genus Bilyaxia. This act was overlooked by Bellamy (2008) who still treated Charlesina mrazi in the genus Cylindrophora sensu Cobos, 1956 and 1972.
Cobos (1972) described Anthaxia (Agrilaxia) mrazi ssp. cyaneobscura Cobos, 1972 on a single male from south-eastern Brasil (Rio Grande do Sul). This subspecies differs from Charlesina mrazi mrazi only slightly by its colouration and by the more robust aedeagus (Figs 130, 131 in Cobos 1972). More specimens are needed to resolve the taxonomic status of this subspecies.
- Bílý, S; 2013: A study on the Neotropical Anthaxiini (Coleoptera, Buprestidae, Buprestinae) ZooKeys, 304: 17-47. doi
- Cobos A (1972) Ensayo monográfico sobre las Anthaxia Eschs. (Coleoptera, Buprestidae) de América. Tercera parte: Subgénero Agrilaxia Kerremans. Archivos de Instituto de Aclimatación (Almería) 16: 5-235.
- Obenberger J (1932) Buprestidae regionis neotropicae I. O nových druzích krasců neotropické oblasti. Časopis Československé Společnosti Entomologické, 29: 138-164.
- Bílý S (1997) World catalogue of the genus Anthaxia Eschscholtz, 1829 (Coleopreta, Buprestidae). Folia Heyrovskyana, Supplementum 2: 3-190.
- Bellamy C (2008) A world catalogue and bibliography of the jewel beetles (Coleoptera: Buprestoidea). Volume 3. Buprestinae: Pterobothrini through Agrilinae: Rhaeboscelina. Pensoft series faunistica No. 78, Sofia – Moscow, pp. (1–2) + 1261–1932.