|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Anthaxia flavimana Gory, 1841 (subsequent designation: Chamberlin, 1926).
The genus Agrilaxia was described by Kerremans (1903) and 19 mostly Neotropical species were included without designation of a type species. Agrilaxia flavimana Gory, 1841 was subsequently designated by Chamberlein (1926) as the type species of the genus. Later on, the genus Agrilaxia was synonymized by Théry (1930) with Anthaxia Eschscholtz, 1829, ressurected again as a valid genus by Obenberger (1930), then finally treated as a subgenus of Anthaxia by Cobos (1972); this concept was followed also by Bílý (1984, 1993). Bílý & Bellamy (1999) upgraded Agrilaxia again to the generic level which was followed by Bílý (2000, 2004) and Bellamy (2008).
The genus was revised by Cobos (1972) (as a subgenus of Anthaxia) who described the most of the Neotropical species. Subsequently several species were described also by Bílý (1984, 1985, 1993), Bílý & Westcott (2005), Cobos (1986) and by Bílý & Brûlé (in press). The morphology and the characters specific to the genus Agrilaxia were discussed by Cobos (1972) and Bílý & Brûlé (in press).
Even after separation of some species as independent genera (see above), the genus remains still rather heterogeneous. I propose that first, the small and rather homogeneous group of species with short, green or violet, wedge shaped body should be split as the separate subgenus Costiptera subgen. nov (see below).
- Bílý, S; 2013: A study on the Neotropical Anthaxiini (Coleoptera, Buprestidae, Buprestinae) ZooKeys, 304: 17-47. doi
- Chamberlin W (1926) Catalogue of the Buprestidae of North America north of Mexico. Chamberlin WJ, Corvallis, Oregon, 289 pp & 1 page index.
- Kerremans C (1903) Coleoptera Serricornia. Fam. Buprestidae. Pp. 49-338. In: Wytsman P. (Ed): Genera Insectorum. Fasc. 12b, 12c, 12d. Bruxelles, Verteneuil & Desmet.
- ThéryA (1930) Recherches synonymiques sur les Buprestides et notes diverses. I. Note sur le genre Galbella avec descriptiones d‘espéces nouvelles; II. Observations concernant la preface du travail de M. Gebhardt; III. A propos de „Opuscula Buprestologica“. Bulletin de la Société des Sciences Naturelles du Maroc, 10: 21-53.
- Obenberger J (1930) Buprestidae II. Pars 111. Pp. 213-568. In: Junk W, Schenkling S (Eds) 1926–1935: Coleopterorum Catalogus, Volumen XII, Berlin – Den Haag, W. Junk, pp. 1–934.
- Cobos A (1972) Ensayo monográfico sobre las Anthaxia Eschs. (Coleoptera, Buprestidae) de América. Tercera parte: Subgénero Agrilaxia Kerremans. Archivos de Instituto de Aclimatación (Almería) 16: 5-235.
- Bílý S (1984) Taxonomic notes on Anthaxia, with descriptions of new taxa (Coleoptera, Buprestidae). Acta Entomologica Bohemoslovaca, 81: 212-222.
- Bílý S (1993) Two new species Anthaxia (subgen. Agrilaxia) from Mexico (Coleoptera, Buprestidae). Folia Heyrovskyana, 1: 11-14.
- Bílý S, Bellamy C (1999) The genus Agrilaxia and description of a new genus from Africa (Coleoptera: Buprestidae). Folia Heyrovskyana 7: 91-98.
- Bílý S (2000) A new concept of Anthaxiini (Coleoptera: Buprestidae). Folia Heyrovskyana 8: 109–114.
- Bílý S (2004) Taxonomic studies on Anthaxiina Gory & Laporte de Castelnau and Curina Hołyński (Coleoptera: Buprestidae). Zootaxa 555: 1-11.
- Bellamy C (2008) A world catalogue and bibliography of the jewel beetles (Coleoptera: Buprestoidea). Volume 3. Buprestinae: Pterobothrini through Agrilinae: Rhaeboscelina. Pensoft series faunistica No. 78, Sofia – Moscow, pp. (1–2) + 1261–1932.
- Bílý S (1985) Taxonomic notes on the genus Anthaxia (Col., Buprestidae) with the description of a new species from Mexico. International Quarterly of Entomology, 1: 35-38.
- Bílý S, Westcott R (2005) A new species of Agrilaxia from Mexico, with notes on related species (Coleoptera: Buprestidae: Anthaxiini). Folia Heyrovskyana 13: 1-5.
- Cobos A (1986) Opuscula buprestologica II - Nueva especie y nuevo sexo de Anthaxia de Mejico. Revista Brasileira de Biología, 46: 707-709.
- Bílý S, Brûlé S (in press) A study on the genus Agrilaxia Kerremans, 1903 of the French Guiana (Coleoptera: Buprestidae: Buprestinae: Anthaxiini). Acta Entomologica Musei Nationalis Pragae (in press).