|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Megischus ruficeps Saussure: Chao 1964: 378–379, 387–388, Figs II (1–2), IV (13); Belokobylskij 1995: 22.
- Megischus chaoi van Achterberg: van Achterberg and Yang 2004: 109, 111–112; Hong et al. 2010: 61.
Temple medially roundly narrowed behind eye in dorsal view; neck postero-dorsally at about same level as middle pronotum, without distinct pronotal fold and without a cavity (Figs 234, 235); vein 1-M of fore wing about 5 times as long as vein 1-SR and 1.2 times vein m-cu; vein cu-a of fore wing strongly reclivous (Fig. 239); widened part of hind tibia of female nearly straight or weakly concave ventrally (Fig. 238); hind basitarsus about 4 times as long as wide (Fig. 236); ivory part of ovipositor sheath about twice as long as dark apical part.
See van Achterberg and Yang (2004).
This species is named in honour of the late Prof. Dr Hsiu-Fu Chao (Fuzhou) for his important contributions to our knowledge of the entomofauna of China (van Achterberg and Yang 2004).
- Hong, C; van Achterberg, C; Xu, Z; 2011: A revision of the Chinese Stephanidae (Hymenoptera, Stephanoidea) ZooKeys, 110: 1-108. doi
- Chao H (1964) Description of new species of Stephanidae (Hymenoptera, Ichneumonoidea) from South China. Acta entomologica Sinica 13 (3):376-395.
- Achterberg C, Yang Z (2004) New species of the genera Megischus Brulléand Stephanus Jurinefrom China (Hymenoptera: Stephanoidea: Stephanidae), with a key to world species of the genus Stephanus. Zoologische Medelingen Leiden 78 (3):101-117.
- Hong C, Achterberg C, Xu Z (2010) A new species of Megischus Brullé (Hymenoptera, Stephanidae) from China, with a key to the Chinese species. ZooKeys 69: 59–64. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.69.738