|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Paraulaca cyanipennis Chûjô, 1935: 164
- Paraulaca (Paraulaca) cyanipennis: Chûjô 1962: 192 (redescription);
- Paridea (Paridea) cyanipennis: Kimoto 1966: 30; Kimoto 1989a: 250; Kimoto 1991: 11.
Taiwan, Pingtung, Henchun (= Koshun), 22°00’N, 120°44E, 50 m, broad-leaf forest.
Holotype male (SDEI), mounted on card, labeled: “ Kankau (Koshun) [p] / Formosa [p] / H. Sauter VI. 1912 [p, w] // Holotype [h, red letters] // Paraulaca [h] / cyanipennis [h] / Chûjô [h] / DET. M. CHUJO [p, g] // DEI Müncheberg [p] / Col – 04201 [p, g]”. Paratypes: 1♂ (SDEI), same as holotype but with “Paratype” and “Col. – 04204”; 1♂ (TARI), labeled: “ Kankau (Koshun) [p] / Formosa [p] / H. Sauter VII. 1912 [p, w] // Paratype [h, red letters] // Paraulaca [h] / cyanipennis [h] / Chûjô [h] / DET. M. CHUJO [p, g] // 2848 [p, w]”; 1♂, 2♀♀ (SDEI), labeled: “ Kankau (Koshun) [p] / Formosa [p] / H. Sauter IX. 1912 [p, w] // Paratype [red letters, h] // Paraulaca [h] / cyanipennis [h] / Chûjô [h] / DET. M. CHUJO [p, g] // DEI Müncheberg [p] / Col – 04202, 04205–6 [p, g]”; 1♂ (TARI), same as preceding but with “2847 [p, w]”; 1♀ (SDEI), same as preceding but with “Allotype” and “DEI Müncheberg [p] / Col – 04203 [p, g]”.
Additional material examined
(n = 16). TAIWAN: Hualien: 2♀♀, Wenlan, 21.X-9.XII.2009, leg. W. T. Yang & K. W Huang (NMNS); Kaoshiung: 1♂, Chiasien, 10–13.V.1981, leg. C. C. Chen & C. C. Pan (TARI); 1♂, 1♀, Meinung, 17.VII.2012, leg. J.-C. Chen (TARI); 3♂♂, 2♀♀, Tengchih, 26.IV.2010, leg. J.-C. Chen (TARI); Pingtung: 1♂, Checheng, 1.XII.2012, leg. J.-C. Cheng (TARI); 2♂♂, 2♀♀, Kueishan, 3.VIII.2012, leg. J.-C. Chen (TARI); 1♀, Lilungshan, 6.VI.2013, leg. J.-C. Chen (TARI).
This species is similar to Paridea (Paridea) costata with the metallic blue elytra but differs in possessing a yellowish brown lateral margin of each elytron, the yellowish brown head and pronotum, and the unmodified first tarsomeres of males.
Length 4.9 mm, width 2.4 mm. General color yellowish brown (Figs 52–54); antennomeres IV-XI darkened; elytra metallic blue, but basal margin, base to apical 1/3 of lateral margin yellowish brown; metathoracic ventrites metallic blue. Elytra with one longitudinal costa arising from humerus, reduced in some individuals. Eighth abdominal tergite (Fig. 62) weakly sclerotized but apex well sclerotized, transverse and wide, apical margin rounded, with dense long seta along apical margin. Penis (Figs 58–59) wide, apically tapering, apex slightly asymmetric and pointed, slightly curved near apex and apex narrowly rounded from lateral view; endophallus with two visible sclerites, apically curved and pointed, one smaller.
Length 5.5–6.1 mm, width 3.0–3.2 mm. Similar to male; apical margin of last abdominal ventrite smooth, not modified. Gonocoxae (Fig. 60) slender, apex of each gonocoxa with seven setae from apical 1/7 to apex; connection of gonocoxae extremely slender, base slender. Sternite VIII (Fig. 61) weakly sclerotized; apex wide, apical margin emarginate at middle, surface with longer setae near apical margin and shorter setae on apical margin, spiculum long. Spermatheca (Fig. 63) weakly sclerotized; receptaculum slightly swollen; pump short and wide, strongly curved; spermathecal duct short, stout, shallowly projecting into receptaculum.
The species occurs in eastern and southern Taiwan (Fig. 64).
- Lee, C; Bezděk, J; 2014: Revision of the genus Paridea Baly, 1886 from Taiwan (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Galerucinae) ZooKeys, 405: 83-125. doi
- Chûjô M (1962) A taxonomic study on the Chrysomelidae (Insecta: Coleoptera) from Formosa. Part IX. Subfamily Galerucinae. The Philippine Journal of Science 91: 1-239.
- Kimoto S (1966) A list of the Chrysomelid specimens of Taiwan preserved in the Zoological Museum, Berlin. Esakia 5: 21-38.
- Kimoto S (1989a) The Taiwanese Chrysomelidae (Insecta: Coleoptera) collected by Dr. Kintaro Baba, on the occasion of his entomological survey in 1983 and 1986. Kurume University Journal 38: 237-272.
- Kimoto S (1991) The Taiwanese Chrysomelidae (Insecta: Coleoptera) collected by Dr. Kintaro Baba, on the occasion of his entomological survey in 1987, 1988 and 1989. Kurume University Journal 40: 1-27.