|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Bulimus catharinae Pfeiffer 1857: 389; Breure 1974: 113.
- Cyclodontina (Cyclodontina) fusiformis (Menke); Breure and Schouten 1985: 6, pl. 1 figs 1–2 (lectotype designation).
- Cyclodontina catharinae (Pfeiffer); Simone 2006: 165, fig. 567.
“St. Catherine’s, Brazil”.
“St Catherines Brazil”; taxon label in Pfeiffer’s handwriting.
“23–25, 7 1/2–8 mill.”; specimen figured herein H 24.4, D 7.5, W 8.1.
NHMUK 1975261, lectotype and two paralectotypes (Cuming coll.).
Simone revalidated this taxon without providing further discussion; however, we follow here the synonymization of Breure and Schouten (1985).
Current systematic position
- Breure, A; Ablett, J; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of the Bothriembryontidae and Odontostomidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London ZooKeys, 182: 1-70. doi
- Pfeiffer L (1857) Descriptions of thirty-three new species of land-shells, from the collection of H. Cuming, Esq. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London (1856): 385–392.
- Breure A (1974) Catalogue of Bulimulidae (Gastropoda, Euthyneura), II. Odontostominae. Basteria 38: 109-125.
- Breure A, Schouten J (1985) Notes on and descriptions of Bulimulidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda), III. Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 216: 1-98.
- Simone L (2006) Land and freshwater mollusks of Brazil: 1–390. EGB/Fapesp, Sao Paulo.