Shape in side view of the basidiospore. Q (quotient) = ratio of length/width of a basidiospore.
- Globose(spherical): the perfectly round spore, Q = 1.0-1.05
- Subglobose: nearly round, Q = 1.05-1.15,
- Broadly ellipsoid (short ellipsoid):, the shape between subglobose and ellipsoid, Q = 1.15-1.30
- Ellipsoid: the simplest equilateral spore in which the ends are rounded and the sides are curved Q = 1.30-1.60
- Ovoid: shaped like an egg
- Elongate (= oblong): the side are almost parallel, the ends squarish,
- Cylindric: the sides are more or less parallel
- Bacciliform: the sides are parallel, the ends more or less roundish.