|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Aleurodaphis asteris Takahashi & Sorin, 1958: 31.
- Aleurodaphis asteris Takahashi & Sorin: Zhang et al. 1992: 142; Remaudière and Remaudière 1997: 179; Tao 1999: 17; Sorin and Miyazaki 2004: 166.
CHINA (NZMC): 2 apterous viviparous females, 15 April 1991, Jiangle, Fujiang, No. 10054, on Violaceae, coll. W. Y. Zhang; 8 apterous viviparous females, 13 August 2003, Motuo, Tibet, No. 15371, host plants unknown, coll. G. X. Qiao and X. L. Huang; JAPAN (BMNH):24 apterous viviparous females, 5 August 1966, Osaka, Chihaya, on Aster sp., coll. M. Sorin.; 9 apterous viviparous females, 29 May 1964, Osaka, Kongo Mt., on Aster sp., coll. v. d. Bosch; 4 apterous viviparous females, 7 June 1966, Kyushu, Hikosan, on Kalimeris sp., coll. H. Takada; 8 apterous viviparous females, 6 August 1980, Kyoto, Kibune Mt., on Aster yomena, coll. R. L. Blackman; KOREA (BMNH):2 apterous viviparous females, 15 September 1963, Ulnungdo, on Aster incisus, coll. W. H. Paik; 1 apterous viviparous female, 14 September 1963, Pusan, on Chrysanthemum zawidskii, coll. W. H. Paik.
The species feed on the stems, leafstalks, flower stalks and leaves of the host plants.
China, Japan and Korea.
- Jiang, L; Qiao, G; 2011: A review of Aleurodaphis (Hemiptera, Aphididae, Hormaphidinae) with the description of one new species and keys to species ZooKeys, 135: 41-56. doi
- Zhang G, Zhong T, Zhang W (1992) Aphidoidea. 137–175. In: Peng JW, Liu YQ. Eds. 1992. Iconography of forest insects in Hunan China. Academia Sinica and Hunan Forestry Institute, Hunan, China. Hunan Science and Technology Press, Changsha, 473 pp.
- Remaudière G, Remaudière M (1997) Catalogue of the World’s Aphididae. Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Paris, 473 pp.
- Tao C (1999) List of Aphidoidea (Homoptera) of China. Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute Special Publication 77: 1-144.
- Sorin M, Miyazaki M (2004) Aleurodaphis of Japan (Hemiptera, Aphididae). Japanese Journal of Systematic Entomology 10(2), 165–177.