DELTA – is the acronym for "DEscription Language for TAxonomy"
From the main DELTA homepage: "The DELTA format (DEscription Language for TAxonomy) is a flexible method for encoding taxonomic descriptions for computer processing. DELTA-format data can be used to produce natural-language descriptions, conventional or interactive keys, cladistic or phenetic classifications, and information-retrieval systems."
See also: DELTA on Wikipedia.
Can you improve this page? Please help us to inform interested people as well as possible.
- DELTA homepage
- Open-DELTA (a port of the DELTA – DEscription Language for TAxonomy suite of applications into Java, Atlas of Living Australia)
- Open repository for DELTA datasets (listing DELTA datasets that include the source data)
- Intkey datasets (listing compiled datasets that can be used with Intkey, but do not include the DELTA source data)
- Coleman CO, Lowry JK, Macfarlane T (2010) DELTA for Beginners: An introduction into the taxonomy software package DELTA. ZooKeys 45: 1–75. http://pensoftonline.net/zookeys/index.php/journal/article/view/263
- Seltmann, KC (2004) http://uknowledge.uky.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1424&context=gradschool_theses
- Spooner, A & Chapman A (2007) DELTA Intkey Tutorial. http://florabase.dec.wa.gov.au/help/keys/intkey_tutorial.pdf