From ZooTerms (Dictionary of Invertebrate Zoology)
Revision as of 13:10, 6 September 2013 by Andreas Plank (Talk | contribs) (1 revision: simple adjective)

Jump to: navigation, search
umbonuloid (adjective; Latin umbo, knob or boss; Greek eidos, like): (Bryozoa: Gymnolaemata) In cheilostomates, autozooids having frontal shields formed by calcification of the basal side of the epifrontal fold.