|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Wilkinsonellus is distinguishable from other Microgastrinae genera by the following combination of traits: body coloration largely yellowish or brown-yellow (Figs 1A–F); propleuron with a posterior flange (Figs 1A–F, 2D, 3G, 4G, 5G); scutellum sculptured medio-posteriorly and often with subapical carina (Figs 3F, 4F, 5F); lunules of scutellum narrow (Figs 3F, 4F, 5F); fore wing with vein r-m absent and vein 1-1A strongly curved (Figs 3I, 4I, 5I), lying very close to posterior margin of the wing (Long and Achterberg 2003); propodeum with a median carina (Figs 3F, 4F, 5F), spiracles completely or partially surrounded by carinae; tergite I (Figs 3K, 4K, 5K) with petiole 4–5 times as long as its apical width, more or less constricted medially and deeply grooved almost to apex (Zeng et al. 2011); median longitudinal area of metasomal tergite II slightly raised, usually poorly delimited (Figs 3K, 4K, 5K), tergite II as long as tergite III, both smooth (Whitfield 1997); hind coxa enlarged (Figs 1A–F, 3A, 4A, 5A), rarely short except in Wilkinsonellus flavicrus (Long and Achterberg 2011); ovipositor sheaths short (Figs 3H, 4H, 5H) (Whitfield 1997).
Key to species of the genus Wilkinsonellus Mason, 1981
Modified from Long and Achterberg 2011.
- Arias-Penna, D; Zhang, Y; Whitfield, J; 2014: First record of the genus Wilkinsonellus (Hymenoptera, Braconidae, Microgastrinae) from Fiji with description of three new species ZooKeys, 397: 25-47. doi
- Nixon G (1965) A reclassification of the tribe Microgasterini (Hymenoptera: Braconidae). Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History) Entomology, Supplement 2: 1-284.
- Long K, van Achterberg C (2003) Two new species of the genus Wilkinsonellus Mason (Hymenoptera: Braconidae: Microgastrinae) from northern Vietnam. Zoologische Mededelingen Leiden 77(10): 221-227.
- Zeng J, He J, Chen X (2011) The genera Deuterixys Mason, 1981 and Wilkinsonellus Mason, 1981 (Hymenoptera, Braconidae, Microgastrinae) from China, with description of two new species. ZooKeys 120: 27-40. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.120.891
- Whitfield J (1997) Microgastrinae. In: Wharton R Marsh P Sharkey M (Eds) Manual of the New World genera of the family Braconidae (Hymenoptera). The International Society of Hymenopterists, Washington, DC, 332-364.
- Long K, van Achterberg C (2011) Review of the genus Wilkinsonellus Mason, 1981 (Hymenoptera: Braconidae, Microgastrinae) from Vietnam, with a key to species and four new species. Deutsche Entomologische Zeitschrift 58(1): 123-133. doi: 10.1002/mmnd.201100009