|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Stephanus Jurine (in Panzer) 1801: 76, Fig. 13. Type species (by monotypy): Stephanus coronatus Jurine (in Panzer), 1801 (= Ichneumon serrator Fabricius, 1798).
- Stephanus bidentatus van Achterberg and Yang 2004: 104–106.
- Stephanus tridentatus van Achterberg and Yang 2004: 106–109.
Temple without yellowish streak along eye, at most with yellow patch (Figs 381, 392); first subdiscal cell of fore wing comparatively narrow basally, and vein 1-SR differentiated with first discal cell present because of presence of vein 1-SR+M (Figs 376, 387); hind wing with vein M+Cu, but without trace of vein cu-a (Fig. 387); hind femur (Figs 383, 394) distinctly slender and elongate, coarsely striate, ventrally with 2–3 large teeth, rarely with 4 teeth; inner side of hind tibia only with a short narrow oblique groove below a small convexity; hind tarsus of female with five tarsomeres; ovipositor sheath completely blackish (Fig. 386).
Palaearctic and Oriental.
Before this study, 5 species in the genus Stephanus were known worldwide, of which 2 species were known from China. In this paper, these two species of the genus are listed from China. A Key to species of Stephanus from China follows:
Key to species of the genus Stephanus from China
- Hong, C; van Achterberg, C; Xu, Z; 2011: A revision of the Chinese Stephanidae (Hymenoptera, Stephanoidea) ZooKeys, 110: 1-108. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.110.918
- Panzer G (1801) Faunae Insectorum Germanicae initia 7: 76. Nürnberg.
- Achterberg C, Yang Z (2004) New species of the genera Megischus Brulléand Stephanus Jurinefrom China (Hymenoptera: Stephanoidea: Stephanidae), with a key to world species of the genus Stephanus. Zoologische Medelingen Leiden 78 (3):101-117.