|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Schlettererius Ashmead 1900: 150. Type species (by monotypy and original designation): Stephanus cinctipes Cresson, 1880.
- Schlettererius determinatoris Madl 1991: 119–120; Belokobylskij 1995: 18; van Achterberg 2002: 198; Aguiar 2004: 75.
Pronotum more or less rectangularly connected with rest of pronotum (Figs 352, 366); vein 1-M of fore wing distinctly curved (Figs 351, 365); vein cu-a of hind wing present as pigmented vein (Fig. 365); hind coxa with small subapical dorsal tooth (Figs 358, 372); hind tibia not distinctly narrowed and compressed basally (Figs 361, 374); hind tarsus of female with five tarsomeres (Fig. 360); sternite of first metasomal tergite differentiated from its tergite, first tergite 2.4–4.6 times as long as its apical width, not cylindrical, about as long as second tergite (Figs 362, 363, 373, 375); second tergite sessile and smooth basally (Figs 362, 363, 375); posterior part of eighth metasomal tergite of female with pygidial process (Figs 362, 363); ovipositor sheath with ivory subapical band (Fig. 364).
Nearctic, East Palaearctic and Australian (only Tasmania: introduced for biological control of introduced Siricidae).
Two species of Schlettererius are known worldwide, one from China and one from North America. A key to the two species follows:
Key to world species of the genus Schlettererius Ashmead
- Hong, C; van Achterberg, C; Xu, Z; 2011: A revision of the Chinese Stephanidae (Hymenoptera, Stephanoidea) ZooKeys, 110: 1-108. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.110.918
- Ashmead W (1900) Classification of Ichneumon Flies. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 23 (1206):1-220.
- Madl M (1991) Zur Kenntnis der paläarktischen Stephanidae (Hymenoptera, Stephanoidea). Entomofauna 12:117-126.
- Belokobylskij S (1995) Stephanoidea. In: Lehr P (Ed) Key to the insects of Russian far East. Vol. IV. Neuropteroidea, Mecoptera, Hymenoptera. Part 2. Hymenoptera, 15–24. Vladivostok: Dal’nauka.
- Achterberg C (2002) A revision of the Old World species of Megischus Brullé, Stephanus Jurine and Pseudomegischus gen. nov., with a key to the genera of the family Stephanidae (Hymenoptera: Stephanoidea). Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 339:1-206.
- Aguiar A (2004) World catalog of the Stephanidae (Hymenoptera: Stephanoidea). Zootaxa 753:1-120.
- Hong C, Xu Z (2011) A newly recorded genus and species of Family Stephanidae (Hymenoptera, Stephanoidea) from China. Entomotaxonomia 33 (1):71-73.