|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Tricocladius robacki Beck & Beck, 1964: 204.
- Rheocricotopus kenorensis Sæther, 1969: 88.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) robacki Sæther, 1985: 79, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 567.
1♂, Shaanxi Province, Xi’an City, Zhouzhi County, Banfangzi, 33°81'84"N, 107°99'64"E, 10.viii.1994, light trap, Ji BC; 8♂♂, Jiangxi Province, Yichun City, Yifeng County, 28°39'69"N, 114°67'55"E, sweeping, Yan CC; 1♂, Fujian Province, Longyan City, Shanghang County, 25°05'21"N, 116°41'52"E, 6.v.1993, sweeping, Wang XH; 2♂♂, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Boertala Mongol Autonomous Prefecture, Sailimu lake, 44°62'32"N, 81°20'48"E,30.vii.2002, sweeping, Tang HQ; 7♂♂, Guizhou Province, Zunhua City, Daozhen County, Dasha River, 28°86'58"N, 107°60'73"E, 25.v.2004, light trap, Tang HQ; 2♂♂, Guizhou Province, Zunhua City, Daozhen County, Dasha River, 28°86'58"N, 107°60'73"E, 24.viii.2004, sweeping, Yu X; 3♂♂, Yunnan Province, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture, Eryuan County, Niujie Town, 26°25'55"N, 99°98'90"E, light trap, Wang BX; 1♂, Tibet, Xigaze, Nielamu County, 27°98'73"N, 85°98'32"E, 15.8.1987, light trap, Deng CY; 1♂, Tibet, Xigaze, Nielamu County, 27°98'73"N, 85°98'32"E, 21.9.1987, light trap, Deng CY.
The species is characterized by having a relatively high AR (1.14–1.24), very weak and short acrostichals, 8–14 dorsocentrals, reduced number of bristles on squama, anal tergite extending beyond tip of anal point, superior volsella triangular, crista dorsalis triangular, apex pointed.
Chinese specimens mainly agree with the description of Sæther (1969, 1985). It is recorded in Palearctic Region for the first time. Chinese specimens have lower body length (2.55–3.13 mm) and lower AR 1.07 than species from Nearctic Region (total length 3.10–3.30 mm, AR 1.18).
China (Fujian, Guizhou, Jiangxi, Shaanxi and Yunnan Provinces, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Tibet), Canada, U.S.A.
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.
- Sæther O (1969) Some Nearctic Podonominae, Diamesinae and Orthocladiinae (Diptera: Chironomidae). Bulletin of the Fishers Research Board of Canada 170: 1-154.
- Sæther O (1985) A review of the genus Rheocricotopus Thienemann & Harnisch, 1932, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae). Spixiana Supplement 11: 59-108.