|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Rheocricotopus nigrus Wang & Zheng, 1989: 311.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) nigrus Wang, 2000: 639; Makarchenko and Makarchenko 2011: 120, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 566.
Type material: Holotype, ♂, Hubei Province, Xiangyang City, Gucheng County, 32°29'00"N, 111°64'00"E, 5.v.1986, sweeping, Wang XH; Paratype (1): 1♂, as holotype.
Additional material: 2♂♂, Zhejiang Province, Qingyuan County, Baishanzu National Nature Reserve, 27°73'23"N, 119°19'06"E, 18.iv.1995, sweeping, Ji BC; 11♂♂, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin, Kuerleying Town, 41°74'10"N, 86°10'82"E, 26.viii.2002, light trap, Tang HQ; 1♂, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture of Bayingolin, Yuli County, 41°57'00"N, 86°30'00"E, 25.v.2002, sweeping, Tang HQ; 1♂, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Haba County, 48°17'00"N, 86°42'00"E, 15.vii.2002, sweeping, Tang HQ; 1♂, Fujian Province, Nanping City, Mangdang Mountain, 26°69'52"N, 118°12'55"E, 22.ix.2002, sweeping, Liu Z; 1♂, Fujian Province, Nanping City, Mangdang Mountain, 26°69'52"N, 118°12'55"E, 23.ix.2002, sweeping, Liu Z.
The adult male can be separated from other members of the group by the following combination of characters: body totally dark brown; AR 1.30; dorsocentrals 20; humeral pit large, similar to the square.
The species distributed in both Oriental and Palearctic Region. The specimens from Palearctic Region have fewer dorsocentrals (13–17) than those from Oriental Region (20).
China (Hubei, Zhejiang and Fujian Provinces, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region), Russia (Far East).
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Makarchenko E, Makarchenko M (2011) Fauna and distribution of the Orthocladiinae of the Russian Far East. In: Wang X Liu W (Ed) Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on Chironomidae, 107–125.
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.