|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) imperfectus Makarchenko & Makarchenko, 2005: 126; Makarchenko and Makarchenko 2011: 120, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 564.
1♂, Hubei Province, Shennongjia Forest Region, 31°74'56"N, 110°67'53"E, 19.vii.1997, sweeping, Du YZ; 1♂, Hubei Province, Lichuan City, 30°29'37"N, 108°93'20"E, 30.vii.1999, sweeping, Ji BC; 12♂♂, Shaanxi, Baoji City, Feng County, Tsinling Mountains, 34°23'44"N, 106°90'01"E, 28–30.vii.1994, sweeping, Bu WJ; 1♂, Shaanxi, Ankang City, Ningshan County, Huoditang Town, 33°43'38"N, 108°44'81"E, 12.viii.1994, sweeping, Bu WJ; 1♂, Shaanxi, Ankang City, Ningshan County, Xunyangba Town, 33°54'82"N, 108°54'77"E, 17.viii.1994, sweeping, Bu WJ; 10♂♂, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Guyuan City, Jingyuan County, Liupan Mountain, 35°78'97"N, 106°28'93"E, 6–7.viii.1987, sweeping, Wang XH.
This species can be separated from other members of the group by the following combination of characters: AR 0.47; humeral pit large and rounded; acrostichal absent; anal point of hypopygium sharply triangular, with 10 setae along the edges; gonostylus slightly curved, with roundish triangular crista dorsalis.
Chinese specimens mainly agree with the description of Makarchenko and Makarchenko (2005), but Chinese specimens with more setae in R (4–8) than the specimens in Russia (R with 3 setae).
China (Hubei and Shaanxi Provinces, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region), Russia (Far East).
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Makarchenko E, Makarchenko M (2011) Fauna and distribution of the Orthocladiinae of the Russian Far East. In: Wang X Liu W (Ed) Proceedings of the 17th International Symposium on Chironomidae, 107–125.
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.
- Makarchenko E, Makarchenko M (2005) Chironomidae of the genus Rheocricotopus Thienemann ct Harnisch, 1932 (Diptera, Chironomidae, Othocladiinae) of the Russian Far East. Eurasian Entomological Journal 4(2): 126-134.