|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Rheocricotopus emeiensis Wang & Zheng, 1989: 311.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) emeiensis Wang, 2000: 639, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 563.
Type material: Holotype, ♂, Sichuan Province, Leshan City, Emei Mountain, 29°58'18"N, 103°29'15"E, 17.v.1986, sweeping, Wang XH.
Additional material: 1♂, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Haba County, 48°17'00"N, 86°42'00"E, 15.vii.2002, sweeping, Tang HQ; 2♂♂, Shaanxi Province, Hanzhong City, Liuba County, Xiaoliuba Village, 33°64'03"N, 106°90'31"E, 4.viii.1994, sweeping, Ji BC; 2♂♂, Shaanxi Province, Xi’an City, Zhouzhi County, Banfangzi, 33°81'84"N, 107°99'64"E, 7.viii.1994, light trap, Ji BC; 2♂♂, Shaanxi Province, Xi’an City, Zhouzhi County, Banfangzi, 33°81'84"N, 107°99'64"E, 10.viii.1994, light trap, Ji BC; 1♂, Yunnan Province, Kunming City, Fumin County, 25°22'61"N, 102°52'32"E, 1.vi.1996, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Yunnan Province, Kunming City, Yiliang County, 24°92'24"N, 103°13'95"E, 2.vi.1996, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Fujian Province, Xiamen City, 24°48'24"N, 118°08'44"E, 15.v.1993, sweeping, Bu WJ; 1♂, Guizhou Province, Guiyang City, 26°60'17"N, 106°70'36"E, 10.vii.1995, light trap, Bu WJ; 1♂, Guizhou Province, Guiyang City, Huaxi District, 26°41'34"N, 106°66'66"E, 23.vii.1995, sweeping, Bu WJ.
This species can be separated from other members of the group by the following combination of characters: R bare; anal point short, pointed distally.
The additional specimens are similar to the description of Wang and Zheng (1989). The species is recorded from Palearctic Region for the first time.
China (Fujian, Guizhou, Sichuan, Shaanxi and Yunnan Provinces, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region)
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.
- Wang X, Zheng L (1989) Two new species of the genus Rheocricotopus from China (Diptera: Chironomidae). Entomotaxonomia 11(4): 311-313.