|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Spaniotoma chalybeatus Edwards, 1929: 331.
- Eukiefferiella urbanus Goetghebuer, 1932: 101.
- Trichocladius lerutbi Goetghebuer, 1939: 2.
- Rheocricotopus chalybeatus Lehmann, 1969: 354; Hirvenoja 1973: 340; Langton 1984: 98.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus Sæther, 1985: 82; Wang 2000: 639, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 561.
2♂♂, Liaoning Province, Dandong City, Fengcheng City, Cao River, 40°62'50"N, 124°06'96"E, 1.iv.1993, sweeping, Wang JC; 4♂♂, Gansu Province, Longnan City, Gankang County, 33°33'10"N, 105°90'31"E, 2.viii.1982, sweeping, Bu WJ; 1♂, Shandong Province, Zaozhuang City, Shanting District, Beizhuang Town, 34°99'20"N, 102°52'32"E, 28.v.1994, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Shandong Province, Yantai City, Muping District, 37°38'62"N, 121°59'57"E, 28.viii.1988, sweeping, Li HY; 1♂, Shaanxi Province, Baoji City, Feng County, Tsinling Mountains, 34°23'44"N, 106°90'01"E, 27.vii.1994, sweeping, Ji BC; 3♂♂, Zhejiang Province, Wenzhou City, Yueqing City, Furong Town, 33°64'03"N, 121°02'73"E, 2.viii.2010, light trap, Lin XL.
This species can be separated from its congeners by the following combination of characters: AR 0.89–1.15; R with 2–4 setae; squama with 8–14 setae; Costa not produced or scarcely produced.
The additional specimens mainly agree with the description of Lehmann and other workers. But costal extension of specimens from Oriental Region (35–40 μm long) longer than from Palearctic Region (0–15 μm long).
China (Liaoning, Gansu, Shandong, Shaanxi and Zhejiang Provinces), Algeria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Corsica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Hirvenoja M (1973) Revision der Gattung Cricotopus van der Wulp und ihrer Verdandten (Diptera, Chironomidae). Annales Zoologici Fennici 10: 1-363.
- Langton P (1984) A key to pupal exuviae of British Chironomidae. Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, 324 pp.
- Wang X (2000) A revised checklist of Chironomidae from China (Diptera). In: Hoffrichter O (Ed) Late 20th Century Research on Chironomidae: An Anthology from the 13th International Symposium on Chironomidae. Shaker Verlag, Aachen, 639 pp.
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.