|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Rheocricotopus brachypus Wang & Zheng, 1991: 101.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) brachypus Wang, 2000: 639, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 560.
Type material: Holotype, ♂, Guangdong Province, Fengkai County, Heishiding National Nature Reserve, 23°30'02"N, 111°55'01"E, 12.iv.1985, sweeping, Wang XH.
Additional material: 1♂, Hubei Province, Hefeng County, 29°91'00"N, 110°03'00"E, 16.vii.1999, light trap, Ji BC; 1♂, Sichuan Province, Yajiang County, 30°15'00"N, 101°02'00"E, 14.vii.1997, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Xizang Autonomous Region, Bayi County, Shergmla Mountain, 29°64'07"N, 94°36'01"E, 28–30.ix.1997, yellow trap, Solhøy T & Skartveit J.
This species can be separated from other members of the group by the following combination of characters: AR 0.43; anal lobe developed; anal point robust.
Wang and Zheng (1991) described this species without humeral pit which as diagnostic characteristic. However, after examining the holotype, we find a medium, relatively shallow, ovoid humeral pit existing.
Oriental China (Guangdong, Hubei and Sichuan Provinces, Xizang Autonomous Region).
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.
- Wang X, Zheng L (1991) Notes on the genus Rheocricotopus from China (Diptera: Chironomidae). Acta Zootaxonomica Sinica 16(1): 99-105.