|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Rheocricotopus bifasciatus Wang & Zheng, 1991: 100.
- Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) bifasciatus Wang, 2000: 639, Ashe and O’Connor 2012: 560.
Type material: Holotype, ♂, Chongqing City, Jinfo Mountain, 29°01'90"N, 107°16'20"E, 9.v.1986, sweeping, Wang XH. Paratype (1): 1♂, as holotype.
Additional material: 1♂, Sichuan Province, Yajiang County, 30°15'00"N, 101°02'00"E, 14.vii.1997, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Hunan Province, Taoyuan County, 28°63'72"N, 111°13'79"E, 17.vii.2004, sweeping, Yan CC; 3♂♂, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Jingyuan County, 35°66'33"N, 106°29'08"E, 7.viii.1987, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Jingyuan County, 35°66'33"N, 106°29'08"E, 8.viii.1987, sweeping, Wang XH; 1♂, Gansu Province, Yuzhong County, 35°90'00"N, 104°11'00"E, 4.viii.1993, sweeping, Bu WJ.
This species can be separated from other members of the group by the following combination of characters: tergites I, II and IV pale brown, others dark brown; AR 0.90; wing anal lobe reduced; humeral pit large, ovoid; Costal extension 83 μm long.
The additional specimens are similar to the description of Wang and Zheng (1991). The species is recorded from Palearctic Region for the first time.
China (Chongqing Municipality, Sichuan, Hunan and Gansu Provinces, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region).
- Liu, W; Lin, X; Wang, X; 2014: A review of Rheocricotopus (Psilocricotopus) chalybeatus species group from China, with the description of three new species (Diptera, Chironomidae) ZooKeys, 388: 17-34. doi
- Ashe P, O’Connor J (2012) A world catalogue of Chironomidae (Diptera). Part 2B. Orthocladiinae. Irish Biogeographical Society & National Museum of Ireland, Dublin, 558–575.
- Wang X, Zheng L (1991) Notes on the genus Rheocricotopus from China (Diptera: Chironomidae). Acta Zootaxonomica Sinica 16(1): 99-105.