Protandrena (Andinopanurgus) wayruronga
|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Protandrena wayruronga Gonzalez and Ruz, 2007: 400 [♂].
- Rhophitulus wayruronga (Gonzalez and Ruz); Ascher and Pickering 2011 [unjustified transfer].
1♂, Ecuador, Pich. [Pichincha], Quito (48 KmS), 6 May 1975, Ashley Gurney (USNM).
This species was previously known from the male holotype collected in Papallacta, Napo (Ecuador). Gonzalez and Ruz (2007) tentatively identified a single specimen from Cauca, Colombia, as the female of this species. The putative female is very similar to another one from Valle, Colombia, except in the length of the apex of the protibial spur; in the specimen from Cauca the apex is long, about one-half of the malus length, whereas in the female from Valle it is short, about one-third of the malus length, as it is in the holotype. Such a difference in both females suggests that they might not be conspecific, although we do not know how variable this character is within and among species. The complete label data of the female from Valle are as follows: “Colombia: Valle, Tenerife, Paramo at 12,000’ R. E. Dietz, Sept. 15, 1970” (USNM).
- Gonzalez, V; Engel, M; 2011: Andinopanurgus, a new Andean subgenus of Protandrena (Hymenoptera, Andrenidae) ZooKeys, 126: 57-76. doi
- Ascher J, Pickering J (2011)Bee Species Guide (Hymenoptera: Apoidea: Anthophila). http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?guide=Apoidea_species. [accessed 7 June 2011]
- Gonzalez V, Ruz L (2007) New enigmatic Andean bee species of Protandrena (Hymenoptera, Andrenidae, Panurginae). Revista Brasileira de Entomologia 51 (4): 397-403.