|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see page history). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Placostylus foxi Clench, 1950 – Wikispecies link – Pensoft Profile
- Placostylus (Eumecostylus) foxi Clench 1950: 3, figs 1–2; Breure and Schouten 1985: 68.
- Eumecostylus foxi Clench; Delsaerdt 2010: 34, pl. 3 figs 9–15.
“Heuru western end of San Cristobal Island, Solomon Islands”.
“Brit. Solomon Isl. / Heuru, western Cristobal Isl.”.
“Length 86.8, Gt. width 32 [mm]”; specimen figured herein H 82.3, D 31.5, W 5.9.
NHMUK 1918.104.22.168, paratype (ex Schlesch).
Delsaerdt (2010) corrected the coordinates of the type locality as given by Clench. The specimen in NHMUK was obtained “Through Dr Quick” from the Schlesch collection and has a label “paratype” glued within the aperture. It may be noted that Clench (1950) stated “Paratypes (...) in the Museum of Comparative Zoology, the B.P. Bishop Museum and the collections of A.G. Stevenson, Reverend Fox and Walter J. Eyerdam”. It is not clear how the specimen reached the Schlesch collection or if it was genuinely part of the original series.
Current systematic position
Bothriembryontidae, Eumecostylus foxi (Clench, 1950).
- Breure, A; Ablett, J; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of the Bothriembryontidae and Odontostomidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London ZooKeys, 182: 1-70. doi
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Clench W (1950) A new species of Placostylus from San Cristobal, Solomon Islands. Torreia 15: 3-4.
- ↑ Breure A, Schouten J (1985) Notes on and descriptions of Bulimulidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda), III. Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 216: 1-98.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Delsaerdt A (2009 ) Land snails on the Solomon Islands, I. Placostylidae. L’Informatore Piceno, Ancona, 132 pp.