|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Ornithocheirus Seeley: Seeley 1869: p. xvi
- Ornithocheirus Seeley: Seeley 1870: p. 112
- Criorhynchus Owen: Owen 1874: p. 7
- Ornithochirus [sic] Seeley: Lydekker 1888: p. 10
- Criorhynchus Owen: Kuhn 1967: 38
Pterodactylus simus Owen, 1861, by monotypy.
Recorded temporal range
Recorded stratigraphic range
Cambridge Greensand, England.
As for the type species.
- Rodrigues, T; Kellner, A; 2013: Taxonomic review of the Ornithocheirus complex (Pterosauria) from the Cretaceous of England ZooKeys, 308: 1-112. doi
- Seeley H (1869) Index to the fossil remains of Aves, Ornithosauria, and Reptilia, from the Secondary System of Strata arranged in the Woodwardian Museum of the University of Cambridge. Deighton, Bell and Co., Cambridge, xxiii + 143 pp.
- Seeley H (1870) The Ornithosauria: an elementary study of the bones of pterodactyls, made from fossil remains found in the Cambridge Upper Greensand, and arranged in the Woodwardian Museum of the University of Cambridge. Deighton, Bell, and Co., Cambridge, xii + 135 pp.
- Owen R (1874) Monograph on the fossil Reptilia of the Mesozoic Formations. Palaeontographical Society, London, 14 pp.
- Lydekker R (1888) Catalogue of the Fossil Reptilia and Amphibia in the British Museum (Natural History), Cromwell Road, S. W. Part I. Trustees of the British Museum, London, 309 pp.
- Kuhn O (1967) Die fossile Wirbeltierklasse Pterosauria. Verlag Oeben, Krailling bei München, 52 pp.