|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Notomastus aberans Day, 1957: 105, fig. 7 a–b; Day 1967: 599, fig. 28.1 m–q; de León González 1994: 63 fig. 11 a.
South Africa, Kosi Bay
Holotype (ANO3 1961.16. 75–76)
(1 specimen) Western coast of Baja California Sur, Stn. A-3 (UANL-0038) [24°11.4'N, 111°23.5'W] (1 specimen), 74 m, June 17 1987.
Notomastus aberans was described from South Africa and de León-González (1994) reported it for the western coast of the Baja California Peninsula. Examination of the Mexican material, found that this was Notomastus polyodon Gallardo, 1968 described from Vietnam. This was corroborated after the revision of the holotype of that species. The Mexican specimens as well as the type material of Notomastus polyodon have a mid-dorsal lobe between the thoracic notopodia on chaetiger 8 to 11 and the abdominal notopodia and neuropodia have expanded edges appearing as triangular lobes. Furthermore, methyl green staining patterns are similar in both specimens, with the prostomium and first three segments staining light green, segments 4 to 8 intensely green, segments 9 to 11 with a wide prechaetal dark green band moderately staining, abdominal segments, and two intensely staining lateral bands to the end of the fragment.
- García-Garza, M; León-González, J; 2011: Review of the Capitellidae (Annelida, Polychaeta) from the Eastern Tropical Pacific region, with notes on selected species ZooKeys, 151: 17-52. doi
- Day J (1967) A monograph on the Polychaeta of Southern Africa. British Museum of Natural History Publications 656: 1-878.
- de León-González J (1994) Poliquetos (Annelida: Polychaeta) de la Plataforma Continental de la Costa Oeste de Baja California Sur, México. Taxonomía, hábitos alimenticios y distribución. Tesis Maestría, México: Instituto Politécnico Nacional.
- Day J (1957) The polychaeta of South Africa Part 4: New species from Natal and Mocambique. Annals of the Natal Museum 14: 59-129.