|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Asilus aurata Fabricius, 1794: 387. Type locality: East India.
- Lochites testaceus Bigot, 1878: (10)1, 425. Type locality: Myanmar (=Burma).
- Michotamia aurata Oldroyd, 1975, 2, 130; Joseph and Parui (113), 36; 1998, 173.
China: Hainan: 2 males, 1934.VIII.31, Qi He; 1 female, Qiongzhong (19°02'00.13"N, 109°50'18.20"E), 400 m, 1960. VII. 14, Fushang Li.Yunnan: 2 females, Lancang (22°33'11.19"N, 99°55'55.56"E), 1000 m, 1957.VII. Lingchao Zang.
Antennal scape and pedicel yellow, postpedicel black and twice as long as scape and pedicel combined. Dorsocentral and scutellar bristles absent. All legs yellow, brownish yellow or reddish yellow. Wing with anterior basal half pale yellow and the rest infuscated, r-m well beyond middle of discal-cell.
China: Hainan, Yunnan, Taiwan; Bangladesh; India (Andaman Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Pondicheryy, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal); Indonesia (Maluku Islands, Sulawesi); Laos; Myanmar; Pakistan; Sri Lanka (Amparai, Anuradhapura, Colombo, Galle, Hambantota, Kandy, Matara, Mannar, Monarapala, Polonnaruwa, Trincomalee, Vavuniya); Thailand.
- Zhang, L; Scarbrough, A; Yang, D; 2012: Review of the species of Michotamia from China with a description of a new species (Diptera, Asilidae) ZooKeys, 184: 47-55. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.184.2871
- Joseph A, Parui P (1998) The fauna of India and the adjacent countries. Diptera (Asilidae) (part 1). Zoological survey of India, Calcutta, 278 pp.