|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Leiocapitella glabra Hartman, 1947: 438, Pl. 54, figs 1–3; Bastida-Zavala 1995: 12; Hernández-Alcántara and Solís Weiss 1998: 709; 1999: 27.
Holotype, 1 mile northwest of San Gabriel Bay, Espíritu Santo Island, Gulf of California, México, Stn. 1107–40 [24°26'39"N, 110°22'53"W to 24°26'19"N, 110°22'45"W], 8–10 m, February 13 1940, Allan Hancock Pacific Expedition of 1940, Velero III; Paratype, 2 miles southwest of Cedros Islands light, Stn. 1265–41 [28°20'33"N, 115°10'10"W to 28°20'45'N, 115°09'45"W], 16 m, February 28 1941, Allan Hancock Pacific Expedition of 1941, Velero III, in soft bottom.
Holotype (LACM-AHF POLY 0425) and 1 Paratype (LACM-AHF POLY 0205).
(8 specimens)Baja California Sur:Cabo Pulmo-Los Frailes, Stn. CP-988 [23°24'27"N, 109°24'26"W] (8 specimens), 4-7 m May 7–8 1989, Coll. JRB-Z.
México:Baja California Sur, Espiritu Santo Island and Cedros Island (Hartman 1947).
After examination of the specimens reported by Bastida-Zavala (1995) as Leiocapitella glabra it was found that this corresponds to Dasybranchus parplatyceps Hartman 1947. Therefore this species is only known from the original description locality in the Gulf of California.
- García-Garza, M; León-González, J; 2011: Review of the Capitellidae (Annelida, Polychaeta) from the Eastern Tropical Pacific region, with notes on selected species ZooKeys, 151: 17-52. doi
- Bastida-Zavala J (1995) Poliquetos (Annelida: Polychaeta) del arrecife coralino de Cabo Pulmo-Los Frailes, B.C.S., México. Revista Zoológica 6: 9-29.
- Hernández-Alcántara P, Solís-Weiss V (1998) Capitellids (Polychaeta: Capitellidae) from the continental shelf of the Gulf of California, with the description of a new species, Notomastus angelicae. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington, 111: 708-719.
- Hernández-Alcántara P, Solís-Weiss V (1999) Systematics and distribution of the polychaetes (Annelida: Polychaeta) from the sublittoral zone in the Gulf of California. Oceánides 13: 25-38.
- Hartman O (1947) Polychaetous annelids Part VII. Capitellidae. Allan Hancock Pacific Expeditions, California 10: 391-481.