|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- CymatoderaSee Barr (1952a), Barr (1972) and Vaurie (1952) for references and keys to species.
Cymatodera hopei Gray, 1832: 375.
Members of the genus Cymatodera may be separated from other genera of the New World Tillinae by the following combination of characters (partially adopted from Opitz 2002): 1) frons simple, without prominent horns, 2) elytra with striated punctuations, 3) antenna strongly serrate to filiform, 4) last antennomere circular in cross section, shorter than the length of preceding three antennomeres, 5) tarsal pulvillar formula 4-4-4, 6) tibial spur formula: 2-2-2, 6) basal denticle of tarsal claws trigonal, 7) eyes coarsely faceted, 8) body length 4.0 - 30.0 mm.
- Burke, A; 2013: Six new species of Cymatodera from Mexico and Central America and the retention of Cymatodera obliquefasciata as a valid name (Cleridae, Tillinae) ZooKeys, 299: 49-75. doi
- Barr W (1952a) New species of Cymatodera from the southwestern United States and northern Mexico (Coleoptera: Cleridae). American Museum Novitates 1572: 1-9.
- Barr W (1972) New species of North American Cymatodera (Coleoptera: Cleridae). Entomologische Arbeiten aus dem Museum Frey 787: 1-32.
- Vaurie P (1952) The checkered beetles of North Central Mexico (Coleoptera: Cleridae). American Museum Novitates 1597: 1-37.
- Opitz W (2002) Cleridae Latrielle 1804. In: Arnett Jr. RH, Thomas MC, Skelley PE, Frank JH (Eds) American Beetles Volume 2. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, 267–280.