|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see page history). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Bulimus pyrostomus Pfeiffer, 1860 – Wikispecies link – Pensoft Profile
- Bulimus pyrostomus Pfeiffer 1860: 137; Breure and Schouten 1985: 59, 72.
- Placostylus (Santacharis) salomonis (Pfeiffer); Solem 1959: 132, pl. 8 fig. 5 (lectotype designation).
- Santacharis salomonis (Pfeiffer); Delsaerdt 2010: 76, pl. 12 figs 13–14.
[Vanuatu, Erromanga] “Erumanga, New Hebrides”.
“Isle of Eurymanga, New Hebrides”, taxon label in Pfeiffer’s handwriting. M.C. label style III.
“Long. 42, diam. 19 mill.”; lectotype H 41.5, D 22.0, W 5.3.
NHMUK 1975235, lectotype and two paralectotypes (Cuming coll.).
According to Solem (1959) the “holotype of pyrostomus is more slender than most of the specimens seen, but it is not too atypical. The holotype of salomonis could not be located in the British Museum”. Solem based his comments on a photograph of the type and was possibly unaware of the existence of two additional specimens. His “holotype of pyrostomus” is here interpreted as a lectotype designation (Art. 74.6 ICZN), overruling the subsequent designation by Breure and Schouten (1985: 59). See also under Bulimus salomonis.
Current systematic position
Bothriembryontidae, Santacharis salomonis (Pfeiffer, 1853).
- Breure, A; Ablett, J; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of the Bothriembryontidae and Odontostomidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London ZooKeys, 182: 1-70. doi
- ↑ Pfeiffer L (1860) Description of thirty-six new species of land-shells from Mr. Cuming’s collection. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London (1860): 133–141.
- ↑ Breure A, Schouten J (1985) Notes on and descriptions of Bulimulidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda), III. Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 216: 1-98.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Solem A (1959) Systematics and zoogeography of the land and freshwater Mollusca of the New Hebrides. Fieldiana Zoology 43: 1-359.
- ↑ Breure A (1974) Catalogue of Bulimulidae (Gastropoda, Euthyneura), II. Odontostominae. Basteria 38: 109-125.