|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Bulimus neglectus Pfeiffer 1847: 67.
- Clessinia neglecta (Pfeiffer); Breure and Schouten 1985: 10 (lectotype designation); Simone 2006: 164, fig. 564.
“Brazils”, taxon label in Pfeiffer’s handwriting. M.C. label style I.
“Long 19, diam. 6 mill.”; lectotype H 16.8, D 5.18, W 8.2.
NHMUK 1975263, lectotype and one paralectotype (Cuming coll.).
A note accompanies the material stating “types / var. designation not Pfeiffer’s”. However, the label on the back of the cardbox has Pfeiffer’s handwriting, and the type status of these specimens is not disputed here. Simone (2006) incorrectly gave the size of the lectotype as 21 mm height. This species is tentatively classified with Bahiensis, a group awaiting a generic level revision.
Current systematic position
- Breure, A; Ablett, J; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of the Bothriembryontidae and Odontostomidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London ZooKeys, 182: 1-70. doi
- Pfeiffer L (1847) Diagnosen neuer Heliceen. Zeitschrift für Malakozoologie 4: 65-71.
- Breure A, Schouten J (1985) Notes on and descriptions of Bulimulidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda), III. Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 216: 1-98.
- Simone L (2006) Land and freshwater mollusks of Brazil: 1–390. EGB/Fapesp, Sao Paulo.