|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see page history). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Bulimus bairdii Reeve, 1848 – Wikispecies link – Pensoft Profile
- Bulimus bairdii Reeve 1848 [1848–1850]: pl. 43 fig. 272; Breure and Schouten 1985: 67 (lectotype designation); Neubert et al. 2009: 51, 53, fig. 8.
No locality given. “Type specimen” added in a later handwriting (E.A. Smith?)
Not given. Specimen figured herein H 78.1, D 36.2, W 7.3.
NHMUK 1975223, lectotype.
Reeve indicated that his specimen was in “Mus. Brit.”. His description leaves room for the possibility that Reeve passed additional specimens to other collectors/institutions; therefore, we concur with Breure and Schouten (1985) to designate this specimen as lectotype. Neubert et al. (2009), who consider this specimen a syntype, treat this taxon as a synonym of Placostylus fibratus fibratus (Martyn, 1784).
Current systematic position
Bothriembryontidae, Placostylus fibratus fibratus (Martyn, 1784).
- Breure, A; Ablett, J; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of the Bothriembryontidae and Odontostomidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London ZooKeys, 182: 1-70. doi
- ↑ Reeve L (1848–1850) Conchologica iconica or illustrations of the shells of molluscous animals, 5. Bulimus: i-ix, 89 pls. + legend. Reeve, Benham and Reeve, London.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Breure A, Schouten J (1985) Notes on and descriptions of Bulimulidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda), III. Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 216: 1-98.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Neubert E, Chérel-Mora C, Bouchet P (2009) Polytypy, clines, and fragmentation: The bulimes of New Caledonia revisited (Pulmonata, Orthalicoidea, Placostylidae). In: Grandcolas P (ed.). , Zoologia Neocaledonica 7. Biodiversity studies in New Caledonia. Mémoires du Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle 198: 37–131.