Bothriembryon rhodostomus grantianus
|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
- Bothriembryon rhodostomus grantianus Iredale 1939: 21, pl. 2 fig. 5; Wells 1977: 54; B.J. Smith 1992: 107.
[Western Australia, Recherche Archipelago] “Charley Island”.
“Charley I / Recherche Arch’o / WA”, “?Type / (?measurements) / Fig’d Spem”.
“length, 40 mm. by breadth, 20 mm.”; figured specimen H 36.5, D 21.2, W 5.5.
AM C100721, syntype; WAM S15118, four syntypes, A.F. Basset Hull leg., 1921.
The AM label indicates that this is the specimen figured by Iredale, but shows doubt about the status of the specimen. Iredale (1939) gives several sets of dimensions, but the ones quoted above are for the “type”; see introduction why we regard Iredale’s specimens generally as syntypes. The possible subspecific status of this taxon needs further confirmation.
Current systematic position
Bothriembryontidae, Bothriembryon rhodostomus (Gray, 1834).
- Breure, A; Whisson, C; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of Bothriembryon (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in Australian museums, with a compilation of types in other museums ZooKeys, 194: 41-80. doi
- Iredale T (1939) A review of the land Mollusca of Western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum and Art Gallery 2(1): 1–88. [Published 1.viii.1939; same text re-published 21.viii.1939 in Journal of the Royal Society of Western Australia 25:1–88 (read before the Society on 13.ix.1938, but publication delayed)].
- Wells F (1977) Type specimens in the Department of Molluscs, Western Australian Museum. Records of the Western Australian Museum 6 (1): 33-61.
- Smith B (1992) Non-marine Mollusca. In: Houston WWK (Ed) Zoological Catalogue of Australia, 8. Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra, xii + 405 pp.