|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
New Brunswick, Madawaska Co., St.-Basile, 7.V.1999, M. Turgeon (1, MTC). Westmorland Co., Smith Brook, 21.VII.1995, M. Turgeon (1, MTC).
Collection and habitat data
This adventive Palaearctic species is a minor pest in flour mills, warehouses, and homes (Bousquet 1990) and has been reported from bird and wasp nests, and under bark in natural conditions (Woodroffe and Southgate 1954). Specimens from New Brunswick were collected during May and July, otherwise no other collection data was provided.
Distribution in Canada and Alaska
- Webster, R; Sweeney, J; DeMerchant, I; Turgeon, M; 2012: New Coleoptera records from New Brunswick, Canada: Dermestidae, Endecatomidae, Bostrichidae, and Ptinidae ZooKeys, 179: 127-139. doi
- Bousquet Y (1990) Beetles associated with stored products in Canada: an identification guide. Publication 1837, Agriculture Canada Research Branch, Ottawa, Ontario, 220 pp.
- Woodroffe G, Southgate B (1954) An investigation of the distribution and field habits of the varied carpet beetle, Anthrenus verbasci (L.) (Col. Dermestidae) in Britain, with comparative notes on A. fuscus Ol. and A. museorum (L.). Bulletin of Entomological Research 45: 575-583. doi: 10.1017/S0007485300029643
- Bousquet Y (1991a) Family Dermestidae: dermestid beetles. In: Bousquet Y (Ed). Checklist of Beetles of Canada and Alaska. Publication 1861/E, Agriculture Canada, Research Branch, Ottawa, Ontario: 196-199.
- Majka C (2007) The Derodontidae, Dermestidae, Bostrichidae, and Anobiidae of the Maritime provinces of Canada (Coleoptera: Bostrichiformia). Zootaxa: 1573: 1-38.