|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see
). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Pupa inflata Wagner, 1827, by subsequent designation (Pilsbry 1901 [1901–1902]: 58).
Shell elongate-ovate to subfusiform, rimate, thin to rather solid, glossy, height up to ca. 22 mm (study area), groundcolour whitish to tawny, whorls slightly convex, protoconch with delicately radially costulae, later with fine, irregular, radial wrinkles and wavy spiral striae, aperture irregularly ovate, only slightly oblique, with 4–5 teeth, parietal lamella thin, rather short, columellar lamella spirally ascending, baso-palatal wall with 2–3 short plicae, upper sometimes absent, peristome thin, a little reflexed (modified after Schileyko 1999).
Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina, ?Uruguay, Brazil.
Insufficient data available.
- Breure, A; Avila, V; 2016: Synopsis of Central Andean Orthalicoid land snails (Gastropoda, Stylommatophora), excluding Bulimulidae ZooKeys, (588): 1-199. doi
- Beck H (1837) Index molluscorum praesentis aevi Musei Principis augustissimi Christiani Frederici. Hafniae, 124 pp. doi: 10.5962/bhl.title.77331
- Schileyko A (1999) Treatise on Recent terrestrial pulmonate molluscs, 3. Partulidae, Aillyidae, Bulimulidae, Orthalicidae, Megaspiridae, Urocoptidae. Ruthenica, Supplement 2: 263–436.
- Breure A, Schouten J (1985) Notes on and descriptions of Bulimulidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda), III. Zoologische Verhandelingen Leiden 216: 1–98.
- Breure A, Romero P (2012) Support and surprises: molecular phylogeny of the land snail superfamily Orthalicoidea using three-locus gene analysis with a divergence time analysis and ancestral area reconstruction. Archiv für Molluskenkunde 141: 1–20. doi: 10.1127/arch.moll/1869-0963/141/001-020