|Notice:||This page is derived from the original publication listed below, whose author(s) should always be credited. Further contributors may edit and improve the content of this page and, consequently, need to be credited as well (see page history). Any assessment of factual correctness requires a careful review of the original article as well as of subsequent contributions.
If you are uncertain whether your planned contribution is correct or not, we suggest that you use the associated discussion page instead of editing the page directly.
This page should be cited as follows (rationale):
Citation formats to copy and paste
TY - JOUR
See also the citation download page at the journal.
Bulimus kreftii Cox, 1872 – Wikispecies link – Pensoft Profile
- Bulimus (Charis) kreftii Cox 1872b: 19, pl. 4 fig. 4.
- Placocharis kreftii (Cox); Delsaerdt 2010: 67, pl. 11 figs 14–17 (lectotype designation).
“Solomon Islands”, restricted to Florida Islands by Delsaerdt (2010).
“Solomon Isles”, in Cox’ handwriting (see remarks).
“Length 2.10, breadth 0.92 of an inch [H 53.3, D 23.3]”; specimen figured herein H 54.9, D 24.3, W 5.2.
NHMUK 20070068, lectotype and three paralectotypes, ex Kennard ex Cox; 18188.8.131.52, paralectotype, ex Cox.
Both series are accompanied by a label in Cox’ handwriting. The specimen registered 18184.108.40.206 was presented by J.C. Cox, has a taxon label “Bulimus kreftii” and corresponds to pl.4 fig. 4 of Cox (1872). The other lot (ex A.S. Kennard collection) has a taxon label “Placostylus krefftii” [sic, misspelled] and is “(Ex Auct.)”; the locality on Kennard’s label “New Caledonia” is clearly in error. It is therefore more likely that the specimen presented by Cox was truly part of the type series; those from the Kennard collection may have been collected at a later stage, for which the genus name Placostylus on the taxon label written by Cox (Fig. 14ii) is an indication.
Current systematic position
Bothriembryontidae, Placocharis kreftii (Cox, 1872).
- Breure, A; Ablett, J; 2012: Annotated type catalogue of the Bothriembryontidae and Odontostomidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda, Orthalicoidea) in the Natural History Museum, London ZooKeys, 182: 1-70. doi
- ↑ Cox J (1872b) Descriptions of new land-shells from Australia and the South-Sea Islands. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London (1872): 18–20.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Delsaerdt A (2009 ) Land snails on the Solomon Islands, I. Placostylidae. L’Informatore Piceno, Ancona, 132 pp.